Sunday, November 7, 2010

Second Multiple Intelligence Results & Overview

Note: my results are quite similar

"Knowledge is not the same as morality, but we need to understand if we are to avoid past mistakes and move in productive directions. An important part of that understanding is knowing who we are and what we can do... Ultimately, we must synthesize our understandings for ourselves” (Smith, 2008).

Here is the link to complete the quiz yourself.
http://www.collegesuccess1.com/InstructorManual4thEd/Learning%20Style/MI_quiz.pdf

My Strengths involve
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Having been involved in team environments within the workforce for many years, this result was not a surprise to me. I worked in the administration field which is an area that is ultimately customer service focused. I enjoy being around people.

- Intrapersonal Intelligence: I benefit from working on my own, but am happy to work as part of a team when required. I am strong minded (some would say stubborn lol :-) and I recongise the value in being aware of my feelings.

- Logical-mathematical Intelligences: For as long as I can remember I have absolutely loved planning!! I prefer routine and therefore am not very spontaneous (which can be painful for some I know). Everything in my life has to be organised.

My Intermediate Strengths involve
- Linguistic Intelligence: I find that some times I stumble over words when speaking. It sounds good in my head and then it comes out wrong. Reading is something that I am doing a lot of at the moment due to being at University. I will admit however that sitting and reading a novel on the weekend is not appealing to me.

- Spatial Intelligence: I enjoy puzzles and believe that I am quite observant. However in saying this I do have trouble in viewing things artistically and objects that are abstract.

- Musical: Music is something that I use to escape and tune out to my surroundings. I was surprised that my scores were quite low for this. Maybe it has something to do with my lack of knowledge regarding the making, playing or production of music??

Areas needing improvement
- Naturalistic: I need to take more notice of my surroundings (environment).

- Bodily-kinesthetic Intelligence: This result was not a surprise to me. I would not class myself as “sporty” at all. I personally learn best visually and from others. I do though understand that not everyone learns best in these manners.



References
Smith, M. (2008). Howard Gardner, multiple intelligences and education. Retrieved from http://www.infed.org/thinkers/gardner.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment