Friday, November 5, 2010

ICT's in Learning and Teaching

Well to be honest, this concept of "blogging" is a whole new thing to me. Now I do know that we are living in the 21st century ("the technology age") but I will admit that I am one who is nervous about ICT's. Previously in other courses during the year we have briefly touched on technology in the classroom and its beneficial effects on learning. However in saying this I will confess that besides using a computer for typing and the Internet, ICT's has never been something that I have been fully open to, not even the crazes of ipods and iphones...........

............well in saying this I was amazed by the impact that the 2 images below had on my opinion. They changed my view and ideas about ICT's in learning and teaching. They were the kick start that I needed to get my thinking processes going. These images slapped me in the face and showed me plain and simple how much we are truly limiting ourselves by not embracing these amazing technologies around us.

I hope they have similar impact on you!! Please do let me know....


Images from: Technology in the Middle. (2007). 21st century literacy: Network literacy. Retrieved from http://pwoessner.com/2008/12/15/21st-century-literacy-network-literacy//

2 comments:

  1. Hmm!!! Yes. Now consider also your students.

    The University of Wollongong has created a network diagram of student interactions in a course. IT would be interesting to do the same with this course. You can find the image here:
    http://research.uow.edu.au/content/groups/public/@web/@gsm/documents/mm/uow061047.gif
    How will that impact on your students and your teaching approach, if they are not fully reliant on your guidance any longer, even as early phase children? Think of their prior learning as networked learning, Play School, Bananas, Wiggles etc etc, and the impact of these networks on their attitudes, perceptions and prior learning. It would be very interesting to see if you could map that in teh same way as the image you have shared with us (above).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy
    Above I have come up with a networked early years learner. Hope this is close to what you were after. Fingers crossed :-)

    ReplyDelete